Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wednesday Evening Outline

Dear friends, I’d like to share my message outline that I used to preach from this past Wednesday evening.

Semper Paratus: Always Ready
1 Peter 1: 13-21


I. Always Ready in Thought (I Peter 1:13)
*Dianoia – Innermost part of person that thinks. Whole person*
* Gird up, aorist tense, meaning gird up now and continue to do so in the future*
- Sober Titus 2: 2-7 Hebrews 8: 10-12
- Submissive


II. Always Ready in Action (I Peter 1:14-16)
- Obedient (as a child) A price to pay for obedience
- Holy (as He is holy) A reward beyond measure


III. Always Ready in Confession (I Peter 1:17)
- Accurate and Precise (Hebrews 4:12)
Our confession before men must leave no doubt as to who we follow and why
- Stark


IV. Always Ready in Knowledge (I Peter 1:18-19)
- Of incorruptible redemption (vs. 18a)
- Of aimless tradition (vs. 18a)
- Of the pure blood of Jesus (vs. 19)


V. Always Ready in Hope (I Peter 1:20-21)
- Our Hope
- Preexistent
- Revealed in the last times (Jesus’ day)
- Coming Again

0 comments:

Post a Comment